Rob Carlson, Democrat for US Congress
New Jersey District 1
Rob Carlson, Democrat for US Congress
New Jersey District 1
Where I Stand On the Issues

My Positions

The Biggest Problem Facing The World

The Environment

If voting rights are the biggest issue facing America, the environment is the biggest problem facing the world. I will be succinct about this, Climate Change is real. It is caused by the actions of people, and if left unchecked it will change the planet irrevocably for the following thousands of years of human existence.

The scientific community is completely united on this fact.*  Climate change is already disrupting existing weather patterns and will continue to do so.  It will cause more extreme weather events.  It will cause droughts in major food-producing regions, leading to famines.  And it will accelerate the melting of ice caps which will raise ocean levels and make coastal regions home to hundreds of millions of people uninhabitable– forcing mass migrations the likes of which we have not seen.

Any jobs program or economic stimulus package that does not take into account climate change is stupid and irresponsible.  Those who deny climate change or pretend that people have nothing to do with it are at best fools and at worst are selfish misanthropes who value money over lives.  They deserve nothing but contempt.

I will not support any initiatives that will have adverse effects that accelerate climate change.  To do so is to abrogate ones’s duty to protect the human race.

*97% is united by any stretch of the imagination. The other 3% are idiots who somehow managed to convince people they are scientists, or are (more likely) whores for the petroleum industry or the Koch brothers.

Rob Carlson, Running for US Congress, NJ 1

Trump & The Republicans

The Republican party has no interest in fair play, justice, or love of country. Donald Trump is a convenient tool for achieving their aims of wealth transfer to the ultra-rich and dividing the country with a stream of lies. They are as guilty of treason as Trump is in their overt complicity.